TSY stands for Trauma Sensitive Yoga
This is a very respectful, gentle form of yoga that has been developed at the Boston Trauma Centre in America, where research has shown that, in conjunction with ongoing therapy, it can be beneficial to those suffering from the effects of any type of trauma, particularly PTSD. Whether you are a veteran returned from war, a survivor of any type of childhood, sexual or domestic abuse, survivor of rape or other attack, or have been suffering the after effects of a car crash or other disaster, trauma sensitive yoga can help you learn to re-aquaint yourself with your body, hopefully even learn to befriend it. It is also very beneficial for those with eating disorders or other issues involving the body.
- It is highly recommended that those coming to TSY classes are also in therapy, as it can evoke strong emotions.
- Private sessions are available on request and a group class is to start soon.
- For more information on research in this area visit http://www.traumacenter.org
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga: Principles, Practice, and Research.pdf
- Clinical Implications of Neuroscience Research in PTSD.pdf